Continuing Education Accreditation
Allopathic Physicians (MDs)
- Accreditation: The Audio-Digest Foundation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The Audio-Digest Foundation designates each enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.* Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*Exception: Each ACCEL program is designated for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- The enduring material activity, Audio-Digest Family Practice Volume 61, Issues 1-48, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 96 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). AAFP certification begins January 1, 2013. Term of approval is for one year from this date with the option of yearly renewal. Each issue is approved for 2 Prescribed credits. Credit may be claimed for one year from the date of each issue. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Volumes 60 and 59 of Audio-Digest Family Practice, AAFP members may claim Elective Credit for AAFP and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for up to 3 years from the publication date.
- The enduring material activity, Audio-Digest Emergency Medicine Volume 30, Issues 1-24, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 48 Prescribed credits by the AAFP. AAFP certification begins January 1, 2013. Term of approval is for one year from this date with the option of yearly renewal. Each issue is approved for 2 Prescribed credits. Credit may be claimed for one year from the date of each issue. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For Volumes 29 and 28 of Audio-Digest Emergency Medicine, AAFP members may claim Elective Credit for AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for up to 3 years from the publication date.
- Audio-Digest Emergency Medicine is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) for up to 48 ACEP Category I credits. Each issue is approved for 3 years from the publication date.
- Members of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) may claim Mainpro-M2 credits for Audio-Digest's unaccredited educational programs. For members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), the time spent on an Audio-Digest program may be included within Section 2: Self-Learning as (a) a Scanning activity (podcasts, audiotapes, videotapes) or (b) as part of the resources pursued for the development of a personal learning project for Planned Learning.
Doctors of Osteopathy (DOs) may claim credit for Audio-Digest enduring materials for AOA Category 2-B. This AOA category permits DOs to claim CME credit for enduring materials that are designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or for AAFP CME credit. Each DO should check with the AOA for the actual number of credits allowed.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 2 AAPA Category 1 CME credits for each Audio-Digest activity completed successfully.
Registered Nurses/Advanced Practice Nurses/Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses (RNs) and Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs): Audio-Digest Foundation is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC's) Commission on Accreditation.
Audio-Digest awards 2.0 CE contact hours for each activity (or 4.0 CE contact hours for each ACCEL program).*
Provider (Audio-Digest) is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #14141.
- Nurse Practitioners: Audio-Digest Foundation is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education, Provider number 030904.
Audio-Digest designates each activity for 2.0 CE contact hours, including 0.5 pharmacology CE contact hours.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
· Audio-Digest Anesthesiology Volume 55 – This program has been prior- approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) for 48 CE credits; Code Number 1027315; Expiration Date 12/31/14.
Audio-Digest Anesthesiology Volume 54 – This program has been prior- approved by the AANA for 24 CE credits; Code Number 1025902; Expiration Date 12/31/13.
NOTE: Audio-Digest Anesthesiology programs from 2010 and 2011 (Volumes 52 and 53) have expired and are not eligible for CE credit.
CRNAs must earn a score of 80% to receive credit, and are not permitted to retest, as per the AANA.
Audio-Digest Foundation is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for psychologists. Audio-Digest Foundation maintains responsibility for its programs and their content. Each Audio-Digest Psychiatry and Audio-Digest Psychology activity is offered for 2 CE credits for psychologists. (Speakers' and participants' Ethical Principles of Psychologists).
Doctors of Optometry (ODs)
The Pennsylvania College of Optometry (PCO) at Salus University is designated by the Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE) as the COPE-Qualified Administrator of Continuing Education for Optometrists for Audio-Digest Ophthalmology. Upon COPE approval, PCO at Salus University designates each issue of Audio-Digest Ophthalmology for 1.0 CE credit for ODs for a maximum of 3 years from the publication date. ODs should contact their state boards for the number of recorded media credits accepted:http://www.arbo.org/statecerequirements.php.
COMTs, COAs, and COTs
The Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) allows certificants to earn JCAHPO Group B credits towards recertification with Audio-Digest Ophthalmology activities. With each completed program, including passing the posttest, certificants may calculate credits earned for completion of activities in Ophthalmology designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ as 2 hours of participation equals 1 B Credit for COAs and COTs, and 1 hour of participation equals 1 B Credit for COMTs.
Certified Diabetes Educators
- Certified Diabetes Educators may claim up to 2 clock hours of continuing education toward their recertification requirements for each issue of DiabetesInsight completed successfully.
Registered Dietitians or Dietetic Technicians - Registered
- Registered Dietitians or Dietetic Technicians, Registeredmay claim up to 2 CPEUs (toward the self-study component of maintenance of registration requirements) for each issue of DiabetesInsight completed successfully. The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
ASI is an approved provider for the California Board of Dental Examiners, #2068. Credits satisfy California Dental Education Requirements, as well as most State and Dental Academy requirements. Each state agency has specific requirements, and we suggest you consult with your appropriate agency.
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. Provider ID: 211769 (2/1/2011) to (1/31/2014).
You may select whether you want credits through ASI's AGD provider or through the California Board of Dental Examiners.